Thursday, July 26, 2007

Branding

I have these smooth dark gray pants from Banana Republic that more or less rule. When I wear them, people are all like, "Damn. You look good." And I'm all like, "Cool, cool. It's the pants."

But there's one bit of weirdness about them. They have Banana Republic printed vertically on the inside zipper flap. Not on the outside where it would be weird but at least visible, but on the inside right next to the zipper teeth. When you zip up, you cover this bit of branding.

This is absolutely confounding me. Who is this branding for? Me? As a reminder when I'm throwing the pants in the washer? I already know where they're from and I can see the inside tag anyway.

The only thing I can think of is that it's for gay men about to give head. When they unzip the pants and see that logo, it's a signal that they've picked a knob attached to a man with impeccable taste and they can proceed to bob with peace of mind.

No comments: