Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Figgy Pudding For 70

Seeing that this is Southern California, we have fruit trees in our yard. A young pear tree that isn't yet strong enough to hold the pears, for instance. And a fig tree that is more prolific than Tom Waits on meth. I clipped 20 ripe figs off of this thing last night and didn't even make a dent. Come fall, when the tree fully ripens, I'm going to have figs coming out of my ass and making a left.

I need to start collecting fig recipes in a hurry. Oh, that reminds me. Lemme enter the keywords to search this post.

fig jam, fig preserves, fig ice cream, fig sorbet, fig gelato, fig jelly, baked figs, dried figs, fig cookies, fig muffin, fig puree, fig cake, fig pudding, birds eat figs, spiced fig, christmas fig, giving figs away as a birthday gift, fig fights

If you have a simple recipe that requires 200 diced figs, I'd love to hear it.

Maybe I'll make some fig wine. Check back in three years to see how it turned out.

No comments: