Friday, January 4, 2008

I Was The Victim Of Racism Today

When I woke up this morning, I didn't know that today was going to be different. I didn't know that today was going to change everything. But then...it happened.

I handed my badge to the Mexican security guard at the gate and we exchanged our usual friendly banter. And then he said to me, "Hey, what's a good stock to buy?"

What's. A. Good. Stock. To. Buy? !!!!!!!!

Oh, I get it. Just because I'm white, I must have a great portfolio. Perfect balance between blue chippers and up and comers. I must have some inside information somebody passed to me at the country club during brunch. You probably think I was eating eggs benedict, don't you!?

With Obama winning in Iowa last night, I really thought this country was turning a corner. Now? I'm not so sure.

No comments: