Friday, March 14, 2008

Got That Rad Sauce Here, Y'all! Rad Sauce

If I'm pan-roasting or pan-searing a piece of meat, you'd better know I'm making a pan sauce afterwards. It's just what I do. It's how I get down. It's an impressive thing, but it's incredibly basic. With about zero effort, you can make people think you're much better than you are and that's how I try to live my life at all times.

So I've been working on a new one, and I got it down. It is down. Here's how you make rad Krog Sauce.

- Sear up some meat. Chicken, pork, beef, whatever. Set it aside.
- Keep the pan hot and add enough heavy cream to fill the bottom of the pan and then some.
- With a wooden spoon, scrape up all those tasty browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Over a medium heat, just keep stirring that cream. If it boils on you, the fat will separate and then you are basically firmly boned.
- Add about 2 spoonfuls of dijon mustard and stir it in.
- Add 5 sage leaves, finely chopped.
- Add 1 garlic clove, finely chopped.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir, stir, stir until the sauce thickens up. When you drag the spoon along the bottom of the pan and the sauce doesn't immediately fill in the gap, you're in good shape. Your shape will be good.

And there you go! You have just made rad Krog Sauce!

1 comment:

Hobbes said...

You might want to try using whole sage leaves, removing them after they have flavored the sauce, unless you like their texture.