Monday, July 14, 2008

What Did You Do This Weekend?

I don't care, you didn't do as much as me. For starters, I moved 6,590 pounds of sand, rock and brick from the driveway to the backyard. I can be precise with that figure because I have it right here on the bill of sale from Balboa Brick and Supply Corporation. That's enough sand to cover 250 square feet of dirt two inches deep and 1,205 bricks. I could take 24 bricks in a single barrow load, so I made 51 trips from the driveway to the backyard. I wore a path in the yard so deep you could swim in it. Fill it up, use it as a slip and slide.

In 30 combined man/woman hours, the wife and I converted this:


Into this:

And eventually into this:

Then when we were done on Sunday, I was so hungry I came up with a new dish for dinner. I call it Buffalo Legs. Grill up some chicken legs, then slather them in Buffalo sauce (1/3 cup melted butter, 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot). It's like eating some nuclear wasteland chicken wing. Dunk the whole damn leg in blue cheese like it's sunburned and the blue cheese is aloe. Oh man. So good. Buffalo Legs! They go great with fries and three beers.Meanwhile, you were sitting around eating frozen grapes and watching NASCAR. You no good layabout! You're why America is falling behind China and India! I was toiling! Trying to keep us on top for at least two more years!

2 comments:

jwebster said...

Wow! A little sweat on one weekend and you're calling out the nation. I've tore out countertops and moved several heavy kitchen appliances Saturday, and topped that cake off with some heavy yardwork Sunday.

tykejohnson said...

well i got wasted and bounced on a bed at 4am in hermosa beach singing "love in the club". eat that china!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_l2plprHiIs