Monday, August 11, 2008

And With The Sixth Pick, The Lake Balboa Ladybugs Select...Disappointment

The West View Football League has laid out its draft order and I have the sixth pick out of 14 teams. I won't lie - I never do! - but sixth is exactly where I wanted to be. High enough to still get a big buck stud in the first round, middle enough to not be waiting two weeks in between picks.

I really don't have much interest in hoping a second or third round running back has a decent season this year. Last year, my opening quadrant of Gore, Palmer, Jacobs and Evans let me down, so obviously RB-QB-RB-WR is not the way to open. Right, it wasn't the players or the GM, it was the position order.

So I'm going to change the position order. Ideally, I'll open up RB-WR-WR. Barber or Addai in the first round. I'd like to get Barber because when I drafted Jacobs last year, the idea was he would get goal line carries and then the Giants started giving those to Reuben Droughns of all people. That was such an enjoyable fuckover that I'd like to repeat it this year with Barber and Felix Jones.

Then a premier receiver in the second. Guys like Colston, Fitzgeralrd, Boldin and Houshmanzadeh should all be available. In an ideal situation, the rest of the league will be old schooling it with running backs and I'll get that second big time receiver in the third round.

Or...by the time my third pick rolls around, I'll probably be so panicky that I'll forget all planning and draft Matt Forte so I have two running backs. I already stink.

1 comment:

tykejohnson said...

i suggest drafting forte first. he's the new AP i swear!