Monday, October 18, 2010

WVFL Week 6 Review

It's possible that the 6-0 week is just not meant to be. Chasing it is as frustrating as snipe hunting.

THE NEV-R-WINS 118.58 - IRON CITY POUNDERS 102.90
It was nice of Jennings and Bowe to finally show up for a game, and I was right about Malcom Floyd not having another 200-yard day. Sure, he got hurt, but I was still right. So now, in four wins, I've had at least 113 points. In my two losses, I'm under 75. That's just the type of consistency you'd love to have in the playoffs.


ST. A'S CRUSADERS 100.88 - THE PEOPLE'S ELBOW 74.88
51, 60, 74. It sounds like I'm listing offensive lineman, but that is actually the Elbow point total the last three weeks. The horrendous, horrendous backfield of Graham and Buckhalter combined for 2 points, with Buckhalter getting all 2. DeSean Jackson actually had 20 points before his spine was blown across the field, so with him out the next two weeks, who knows how bad things will get for the Elbow.

(NOTE: The Elbow beat me 105-74 in Week 2)

St. A's and the Swirls have the same 5-1 record, but the Crusaders get first place because they have the Points For tiebreaker...by 121 points! The wait for Ben was worth it, and if anybody in our league actually ever traded, the Crusaders could move one of their QBs for...well, they don't really need anything.


PURPLE SWIRLS 90.52 - BROOKLINE'S FINEST 83.68
The fraud continues unabated. This team is making me paranoid and frantic, like I'm the only guy who knows about Obama's plan to zero out the value of the dollar and start over with krugerands, as his Kenyan father had always hoped. Why can't you people see what's happening here?!? I have a really interesting book you should read. It's written by a guy who was dishonorably discharged from the Coast Guard because he found out too many things they don't want you to know.

Ah, you know what? Maybe the Swirls are the first team that's ever figured out how to play fantasy football defense. They do have the fewest Points Against, you know.

By the way, with their optimal lineup, the Finest would've scored 120. They didn't just let me down, they let down all those people who want to see the 6-0 week. (Which is only me)


HAWKS 81.06 - LOWCOUNTRY ALL STARS 67.76
I wonder who the first two picks will be next summer. I wonder who the All Stars and Rockers are jockeying for.

If Gates and Floyd are out this week, I have no idea who Rivers is going to throw to. I guess we'll worry about that then. Though the Hawks should be worrying about Mike Sims-Walker now. He, and all of Jacksonville, blows.


WHIZ-BANG GANG 72.12 - ATLAS SHRUGGZ 65.40
It seems so unfair that TK scored 103 and lost again while the WBG won with 72 and the Hawks won with 81. I don't know what happened to Nicks, but Turner and Greene are straight up busta ass busts. And it's weird enough to have two Bronco receivers, but extra weird when they're playing the Jets.

Fat, white sportswriters across America are trying to explain away Welker's gritty 53-yard day. I'm sure the fact that he did nothing in his first non-Moss game can be brushed aside. It's officially time to be concerned about Ronnie Brown, but a W this week sweeps a lot of dirt under the rug.


DEATHFROMABOVE 133.50 - FIREROCK ROCKERS 103.54
The Green Brothers Funeral Tragedy of the Week(TM). But I guess Jahvid Best doesn't have another 30-point game in him. Tony has now seen 102, 117 and 133 points hung on him in the last 3 weeks and he has the most Points Against, almost just to complete the farce.

DFA lost a 106-102 game, but then their 3 victories were 115-101, 125-118 and this one. Take the over, people. I wouldn't make your weekly budget on Ryan Torain getting 20 points, but with DeSean Jackson out for awhile, Maclin could profit. And it was only -2 points, but Romo's late INT to blow the game should've been -30 at least. Who was he throwing to?

No comments: