Sunday, October 7, 2012

WVFL Week 5 Preview

LAST WEEK: 4-2
SEASON: 16-8

The picks this week are sponsored by My Life. "My Life: Too Much Wine, Not Enough Time."

THE NEV-R-WINS 96 - DEATHFROMABOVE 93
True story alert: I forgot I picked up the Rams defense for a spot start this week and was stunned Friday morning to see that I already had 18 points.

Second true story alert: DFA is forced to start James Starks this week - who has already been ruled out - due to bye weeks and poor roster construction.


IRON CITY POUNDERS 84 - THE PEOPLE'S ELBOW 65
Cecil Shorts and Lamar Miller are in the starting lineup for The Elbow. Those two names by themselves wouldn't help you know what fantasy sport we're talking about here. I mean...it could be fantasy Turkish basketball.


FIREROCK ROCKERS 110 - ZOLTAN'S ZEROS 88
You're telling me I'm supposed to pick a team that is starting Chaz Schilens? The third WR on the only bad offense left in football, pro or college? Noooooo thanks.


PURPLE SWIRLS 106 - HACKS 78
Two tight ends, huh? Pretty showy.

Ryan Mathews suuuuuuuuuucks. When are we all going to agree on this?


ST. A'S CRUSADERS 115 - ATLAS SHRUGGZ 50
The Toyota Blowout of the Week. Jermey Kerley? Greg Little? Shonn Greene? This is less a starting lineup, and more of a coded cry for help. The creative makers are definitely on strike here.


WHIZ BANG GANG 111 - LOWCOUNTRY ALL STARS 110
Shame somebody has to lose this one and drop a quality roster under .500. Email Caulen for coping strategies.

No comments: