Friday, December 21, 2012

WVFL Super Bowl Preview

LAST WEEK: 1-1
SEASON: 56-26 (PLAYOFFS: 1-3)


THE NEV-R-WINS vs. LOWCOUNTRY ALL STARS
You have to take your hat off to Jeff Webster. Since I cajoled him into rejoining the WVFL, his return has been anything but triumphant; he's finished dead last two years in a row. Things were so dire that he actually marked a kicker as one of his keepers. The league's first-ever kickper! Keepker! Whatever!

But he burst out of the gate this season with a 2-0 record. Then he dropped to 2-3. Then he went up to 4-3. Then he dropped to 4-7. It looked like the year was over. Fortunately, he played in the Weegie Thompson Division, and was able to close the season by beating three division foes with a combined 14-25 record while Caulen seethed his way to the bottom of the Bam Morris Division. Web was 7-6. Caulen, with 70 more points scored, was 6-7.

But then! Web scored 129 and 113 points in the playoffs, knocking out the #3 and #2 seed, respectively. He now has 5 wins in a row. If he can win the title game, he'll have as many playoff wins in 2012 as he had in the 2011 regular season.

Too bad he has no chance whatsoever of winning the title game.

Yeah, I know it would be poetic justice for me to fall on my face here. All the trash that I have talked for so long, Web going from double worst to first, all that sort of stuff. But I have three #1 running backs, including a guy who might be partially cyborg. And I have Peyton Manning facing Cleveland, and I have enough receiver help to get it done because one of those starters will certainly go off.

Cam has great lately, but as shitty as the WVFL is, a title team can't be starting Jacquizz Rodgers, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, and Kendall Wright. These are just facts. I have already spent the $250 purse I'm going to get for winning the 2012 WVFL title. Thank you for your individual contribution to the Krog Fund.

THE PICK: THE NEV-R-WINS 125 - LOWCOUNTRY ALL STARS 91

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is really fascinating, You're an excessively skilled blogger. I've joined your feed
and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post.
Additionally, I have shared your site in my social networks
Also visit my blog - Scott J. Ferrell attorney