Monday, October 22, 2018

AFFL Week 7 Review

The highest-scoring team in the league has 3-4 record, which is 4-way tie for 7th.

I'm the highest-scoring team in both of my leagues and I'm a combined 7-7.

I've had the 2nd highest-score for 2 weeks in a row and I'm 0-2 in those weeks.

I have the most points in the last two weeks and I'm 0-2.

Only two teams in the league are over 700 points through 7 weeks. One is 6-1. The other is 3-4.

This season, I've faced the week's highest score 3 different times.

I lost last week because an Aaron Rodgers pass went backwards 6 inches.

I lost this week because a Golladay TD was called back on a penalty, Butker missed a FG after being perfect all season, John Brown was tackled on the 2-yard line, Justin Tucker missed his first PAT ever so Saints/Ravens didn't go to OT, and Marlon Mack ran for a 20-yard TD with 2 minutes left and the Bills showing less effort than a Saturday walkthrough.

You know what the head-to-head schedule does? It randomizes records, adds in a massive dosage of luck, and helps hold the interest of teams of the 3-4 owners that would out of the running every September.

Some people think that is a good thing.


LITTLE BABY JESUS 108.4 - THE DUDE HAS GOT NO MERCY 101.2
Fuck this. This is bullshit. I'm not doing this.

Forget total points. Forget points against. Forget the full schedule breakdown. If I could change my schedule with any other team in the league, the very worst I would be is 4-3.


TIMMY DOESN'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS 91.5 - HEISENBERG 66.1
If I played Scott's schedule, I'd be 5-2.


ASSTANNER 82.3 - RUSSELLMANIA 52.9
Who cares?


THAT KANGAROO STOLE MY BALL 96.1 - SIGMUND AND THE SEAMONSTER 89
If I played Bri this week, I would've won. But I played him last week and lost. Since he's 6-1 and I'm 3-4, I guess that means he's better than me, even though I have more points.

If I played Bri's schedule this season, I'd be 5-2. If he played my schedule, the great Kangaroo would also be 3-4.


THE NIGHT BOYS 69.5 - WTTK? 54.6
Are you fucking kidding me? This should count as half a win.

I'd be 5-2 with The Night Boys' schedule. He'd be 1-6 with my schedule. I have 190 more points on the season, an average of 27 points more PER GAME. But he has 1 more win so I guess he has a better team.

I'd be 6-1 with WTTK's schedule, which isn't an unreasonable possibility since we're actually in the same division. I'd have a 4 game lead in the division with 7 games left. He'd be 2-5 with mine.


THE WHITECHAPEL RIPPERS 98.7 - ANIMAL HOUSE 93.8
If I played Meyers' schedule, I'd be 5-2.


No comments: